Saturday, May 18, 2013

Roadtripping


 
They are setting up a huge tent in the parking across the street from my townhouse. I walked over to the tent last night and saw a sign touting "Wildlife Foundation Festival." Oh. No. Several times a year organizations hold events in that parking lot. And each time the live music runs late into the night, disrupting my sleep. Sure, I've tried the old adage of "If you can't beat em, join em." But I quickly learned it was best to just stay home and mumble complaints to myself because these festivals--albeit loud--are pretty lame and boring!

So last night I told the hubster, we're out of here this weekend dude! Between the festival across the street and the noisy next door neighbor--who gutted his townhouse--with his never ending construction, we're outta here!

The hubster stayed up till after midnight working on plans. At least I assume he was working on travel plans. For all I know he could have been checking hockey scores. (Even though his beloved Caps are out of the finals). He never bothers to tell me where we are going most of the time until we actually get there. Sometimes that bugs me. Other times (like now) I could care less and am just happy to be along for the journey.

 

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the Hubster's a Caps fan GO CAPS!
    Hope you have a good weekend getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, a hometown boy - Caps and Redskins. There's always next year though. But have to say, the Caps gave it a darn good try this year.

    ReplyDelete